March 22, 2010

i heart faces ~ angles


I have a lot of pics with different angles and I am not sure this one is my best but I love the story behind this photo. In this shot my son was at his preschool's Farm Day 2008 (hence the scarecrow getup).  I better start by telling you what happened the Farm Day held the year before.  Lukas was entranced by the rooster.  He wouldn't leave that area and watched a long time as other children came around and held the big fluffy bird. After what seemed like an eternity he finally mustered up enough moncho to hold the bird himself.  The rooster lady carefully placed the bird in my son's arms and immediately the bird started to flap its wings, make crazy noises and flail his skinny little clawy feet.  My son fell back and the rooster ran away.  It was kinda funny until Lukas got up with a big scratch on his face and a look of terror.  He wouldn't stop crying.  Anyway, the next year my son looked the enormous bird in the eye and held his gaze for minutes. He conquered his fear and eventually held the rooster again.  I am glad I was there to catch that moment.










Hop on over to i heart faces for lots of great angles

9 comments:

  1. That is great that he conquered his fear! That is a great quality to have through life! I like how you titled the lens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story behind the photo. Good for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the story and the shot. Those roosters can be scary, we had them when i was growing up. I wouldn't feed the chickens with out a HUGE stick to scear that one rooster off with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet shot, wow the turkey looks a little scary. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy wow. He is brave! I don't know if I would want to hold a rooster. I LOVE his scarecrow outfit and I love your picture of your son and the intimidating rooster :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The way he is looking at the rooster, it is just adorable!!! I love the outfit and the angle is great!!

    ReplyDelete